DLT default font

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Thomas, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Thomas

Thomas

Is there any way to change the default font for all DLT labels in a project? This would help to keep things uniform when a more compact font is required.

Regards
    Thomas

Thomas, Apr 6, 2009
  2. Thomas

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Thomas,

The DLT units only have one font encoded in them. You will need to use Custom Fonts in Toolkit to generate labels with a different font. This feature in the software sends the labels as a graphical bitmap to the DLT - so the unit is not even aware that it is text let alone what font it is.

I agree that it would be useful if the Custom Font dialog in Toolkit could remember the last font you used, so you don't have to keep selecting it every time. Is this what you wanted to see? I have reported this feature request in our system (#16680).

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2009
    daniel, Apr 7, 2009
  3. Thomas

Thomas

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. What I was hoping for was that one could select one specific (custom) font for a project.
    If I have to, or want to, select a more compact font for one switch, then for uniformity reasons I have to change all others. When there are more than a few DLT's in a project, changing the font for every button of every DLT is a tedious job.
    So if that could be changed, that would be great. :)

Thomas, Apr 7, 2009
  4. Thomas

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Thanks for the clarification Thomas, this is good feedback and I've modified the change request (#16680) in our system to address your scenario.

daniel, Apr 9, 2009
Ask a Question