DLT and Temperature Control

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by wezgriffin, Jan 22, 2007.

1. wezgriffin

wezgriffin

Hi all,

I'm new to these forums and pretty new to c-bus. I've been on a couple of 2 day cbus courses and read alot, but as far as pratical experience goes, I've got next to nothing. So any help would be extremely well recieved.

I'm going to be moving into my new home soon, which I am going to re-wire (I'm an electrician) with cbus. The lighting side of things I pretty much got covered. What I would like to acomplish is heating.

Basically, I was wondering if it is possible to have a 'cbus temperature sensor' sensing the temperature and switching a load on a relay unit (the boiler) when the temp drops to a defined value. I suppose this is possible some how.

The hard bit is, I would like to control this defined temperature via a 'cbus saturn dlt' switch.

Please any help would be gratefull.

wezgriffin, Jan 22, 2007
  2. wezgriffin

paulw11

Temperature Sensor

Hi,

The problem with the Temperature sensor is that the setpoint configured with the toolkit, not via a group address, which means that you can't use an input unit to change the temperature.

There was some discussion of a future "Thermostat" module in this thread.

You may do better to look at some of the "home automation" thermostats that are available. Thermostats from RCS were mentioned in the above thread. You can find others on home automation sites such as www.smarthome.com

paulw11, Jan 22, 2007
  3. wezgriffin

wezgriffin

Thanks for the reply.

wezgriffin, Jan 23, 2007
  4. wezgriffin

wezgriffin

Hi,

Is there any C-Bus Software out there that could do the following.

1> Increase or Decrease a stored value (Desired Temperature) by keypad key.
    2> Check Temperature, via temperature sensor.
    3> If Desired Temperature is Greater than actual temperature THEN switch on boiler (via Relay).
    4> When actual temperature = desired temperautre THEN switch off boiler.

You people are the experts, but it seems a pretty obvious thing to be able to do. Especially for a system as complex and expandable as CBus.

If this was possible, you would not need to change the setpoint in the tempertaure sensor, therefore, bypassing that particular problem. Does c-Lution deal with this problems?? If not, what is the most cost effective way of programming with CBus.

Thanks for any help in advanced.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2007
    wezgriffin, Jan 23, 2007
Ask a Question