Displaying Temperature on Touchscreen

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by GlenF, Mar 16, 2019.

1. GlenF

GlenF

Hi all,

Wondering if someone could give me some advice. It has been a while since I have used the toolkit software and struggling a bit to remember how it all works.
    I have an 5031TS temperature sensor and I just want to display the temp on a touchscreen. I have it come up in toolkit ok but not sure how to link it all.

* Do I need to set up any of the fields in the toolkit area or does the sensor transmit automatically?
    * I have been mucking around with monitor and measurement apps but not sure if this is the best way to simply display the value?
    * In Piced, what widget or component do I use to display the temp?

I am sure this is simple but struggling to work it out.

Thanks
    Glen

GlenF, Mar 16, 2019
  2. GlenF

Conformist

Hey Glen
    can you confirm you have the 5031TS (the old basic unit) or a digital one 5031RDTSL? The old one does not broadcast its temperature so you cannot display it.

Conformist, Mar 16, 2019
  3. GlenF

GlenF

Hi Conformist, it is the 5031TS. Is there a way to poll it every 20 mins or so?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    GlenF, Mar 16, 2019
  4. GlenF

NickD Moderator

The 5031TS doesn't broadcast but you can get the temperature from it in PICED using a Monitor.

You set this up using the Monitor Manager. You can set up the poll interval there... you don't want to poll too often but 20 mins is probably a bit too long. Once a minute would be fine.

Nick

NickD, Mar 18, 2019
    grs likes this.
Ask a Question