disable input switches ?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jabboo, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jabboo

jabboo

is it possible to disable input switches ?

we are trying to install a manual overide panel ... each key is assigned to a load , but we dont want people to be able to use these buttons untill they push the manual override button.

so im looking for a way to ignore button presses from these keys untill the "manual override" button is pushed.

also if it is possible still have the leds show the status of the loads ..... while the buttons are in "disabled" mode.

ive read through the training manuals and cant find anything that is remotely like this.

does anyone have any ideas how i can achieve this ?

--
    Anthony

jabboo, Apr 25, 2005
  2. jabboo

darrenblake

Manual override button

Hi,
    Dependent on the function your looking for, you could set up your logic channels as "AND" logic. This will require both you manual master control and your group assigned key input to be on to control the load.
    If you have, dare i say it a homeminder controller you could also set up your master switch to include and exclude scenarios which tie together an input group and address and an output group address.
    I have recently designed a job for a jewish customer who did not want the key inputs being activated during the sabbath. I acomplished this by running the C-Bus data loop through a relay. This relay was timeclock controlled and isolated power to the network in line with the requirements of the jewish religion. A second network which remained on at all times was run to certain key inputs to act as panic type switches. These switches when activated re-closed the relay giving back total control. This could also be re-activated from an input from the fire detection ssytem and the alarm system

darrenblake, Apr 26, 2005
  3. jabboo

jabboo

ok i sent a reply to tech support
    but mabye someone else has some ideas.
    ill post the email up here .

--__________________________________-
    "email from me to [email protected]

hmm ok let me try and explain again ..

i want to toggle between manual mode where they can push buttons on the keypad and the loads will change to whatever they push o nthe keypad , irrespective of what scheduler is programmed to do ( full manual controll ) and automatic mode (automatic being let scheduler do its thing) ignoring all key presses from the keypads.

the selection between manual and automatic ... will be from a button "on" is manual controll . and "off" is automatic controll.

the soloution you described in your email ,, is more like a master off switch..

i was brainstorming
    and came up with

when the manual/automatic switch is pushed "on" to manual .... it will set a group lets say manual_enabled_group to "ON"

when a button on the keypad is pushed it sets a group lets say "Group_one_button_pushed" to "on"

we then have another group "Group_one_manual_controlled"
    that will turn "on" when groups "manual_enabled_group" and "Group_one_button_pushed" are both on through LOGIC controll .. "AND"

now we have another group
    "group_one_scheduler" which scheduler will turn on when it wants that light on.

and Another Group
    "Group_one_Automatic_controlled"
    that will turn "on when groups "group_one_scheduler" and "manual_enabled_group" are both ON through LOGIC controll .. "AND"

now on the actual relay for the chanell that i want to turn on
    i set it with a "OR" logic ... with
    "Group_one_Automatic_controlled" or
    "Group_one_manual_controlled"
    when one of them is turned on that relay will turn on..

now ... all good in text ... but i cant get all of that into cbus toolkit.
    especially when you only have 4 spaces for logic groups in the logic tab in the relay properties.

do you have any idea how i might be able to achieve the above through toolkit .. or scheduler.... a combination of both ... or any other circuitry prebuilt or custom(logic gates) or anything to get this to work...

Regards

--
    Anthony Jabbour

jabboo, Apr 26, 2005
Ask a Question