DALI interface

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by NeilH, Sep 29, 2005.

1. NeilH

NeilH

Just looking at some lighting scheme options for commercial / business systems.

Is it possible to control DALI devices via the DALI gateway using the public release protocol? I am considering hooking up through 3rd party software (not written by me).

Also, anyone any idea what information is available back from a DALI enabled luminaire (I am looking at Osram fittings)? I have read some documentation that says "lamp status". Does this mean just on/off or is it often more detailed info? (hours run etc.).

Neil

NeilH, Sep 29, 2005
  2. NeilH

rhamer

Bump

I don't know the answer, but I would like to also.

rhamer, Oct 3, 2005
  3. NeilH

ashleigh Moderator

You can control DALI devices using the public release protocol and the Clipsal cbus to DALI gateway.

The current release of the DALI gateway maps 64 lighting application group addresses to control 64 DALI ballasts.

A firmware update coming out soon (we hope...!!) will allow the mapping of cbus groups to DALI to be configured, add matching of ramp rates, and will also add support for reporting back the DALI load status via the (new) cbus error reporting application.

This is all loverly - the error reporting application is not part of the public release though, and the new firmware and corresponding Toolkit update is not released yet. MAYBE before Christmas if a miracle occurs.

In the meantime the current DALI gateway can be used for control purposes, with the public release protocol.

ashleigh, Oct 3, 2005
  4. NeilH

rhamer

Thanks Ashleigh.

BTW while we're on the subject of miracles......... Any idea how the documentation for C-Gate2 is going :)

rhamer, Oct 4, 2005
  5. NeilH

NeilH

Thanks for the response so timely, I'm just headed off to a meeting this morning about a new factory build, so I can contribute the info.

Cheers

Neil

NeilH, Oct 4, 2005
Ask a Question