Copy Switch Program to Different Switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by sjfp, Apr 29, 2014.

1. sjfp

sjfp

I there a simple way to copy the programming of an 4 gang e2000 switch to a 4 gang Saturn switch.
    We have over 40 switches to change and would like a quick method of converting the switch type from e2000 to Saturn.
    The project is not yet commissioned, and the e2000 switches have not been installed yet, but toolkit project is complete and is ready to drop into the system next week.
    Or I have to start to reprogram toolkit again.

sjfp, Apr 29, 2014
  2. sjfp

sjfp

Done.
    Just edited the xml file. and then opened each switch and save to database. all done in less than 5 mins

sjfp, Apr 30, 2014
  3. sjfp

daniel C-Busser Moderator

C-Bus Toolkit actually has a Template feature to do exactly this.

Select the KEY4 unit in the database, click "Save as Template" and it will save a special XML file on your hard drive. You can then delete the KEY4 unit. Select the new KEYB4 unit, click "Load Template", choose the XML file you just saved, and C-Bus Toolkit will copy that programming into the new unit. The unit type & number of gangs etc don't have to match, it will copy whatever data it can.

Another approach you can try is to use the "Reinstall" feature in the network view. I believe you can reinstall a comparable unit type at the same address. Caveat - I haven't tried it physically with those two unit types.

daniel, May 7, 2014
Ask a Question