Controlling more than 1 Circuit by using 1 gang switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Mh4Tech, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Mh4Tech

Mh4Tech

:)

Dear Sir/madam

how can i control more than 1 circuit ( switching ON/OFF, toggle ) by using the press of 1 gang switch only

shall i do it by assigning scenes OR there is another way to achieve it.

Regards

Mh4Tech, Apr 6, 2009
  2. Mh4Tech

ssaunders

There are a few ways. Three of them off the top of my head from simple to more complex, depending on what you want to achieve...

1. You could create one group, switched with the one gang key. Assign the group to more than one channel of the dimmer(s)/relay(s). All channels with the same group address will be switched in unison. Downside is you have only one group for all circuits involved, and you can no longer switch the circuits individually from other keys.

or

2. Use multiple groups assigned to dimmer/relay channels, and in the blocks tab of the key unit, have multiple blocks assigned to the one key with each block specifying different lighting groups. Downside is needing to do the same config over multiple switches for control of the multiple circuits, and also only having a limited number of blocks. Method 1 & 2 could be combined.

or

3. Use a scene. With most of the key units is you can only 'set' the scene, not toggle/dim it. But if you have a PACA or touch, you could toggle a trigger on the key to set the scene on/off/etc with the PACA/touch. Downside is getting your head around the concept of triggers. And of course, over complicating an install and needing more kit to do a simple thing. I think the wireless keys do some tricky stuff with scenes which wouldn't need a PACA/touch (but I'm not into the wireless gear, so don't take my word for it).

S.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    ssaunders, Apr 6, 2009
  3. Mh4Tech

Mh4Tech

my friend thanks for such valuable information. :)

Mh4Tech, Apr 7, 2009
Ask a Question