Control multiple channels with one wall switch

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by polerz, Mar 6, 2014.

1. polerz

polerz

Hi guys

I have a CBUS wired network with a colour touch screen and standard CBUS switches around the house. I have all my scenes programmed on the colour touch screen through PICED and I program each switch around the house to turn lights on/off through toolkit.

I have 8 lights in one room wired to two different channels on the one dimmer module. I would like for one of my wall switches to turn all 8 lights on and off with one button. Do I need a scene for this? Or is this something I can do in toolkit? Can someone explain how? (step by step if possible as I am a complete newbie).

I have browsed the net for hours to complete this, but all I see is info about these new fancy switches which are able to store scene data. My switches are standard switches, I store all my scenes on my colourtouch screen.

polerz, Mar 6, 2014
  2. polerz

jboer

If you are only using 2 channels you should be able to do it in blocks rather than worrying about scenes or triggers.

What is the toolkit part number for your switch?

jboer, Mar 7, 2014
  3. polerz

DarylMc

Hi polerz
    As long as you don't need to have individual control of the two dimmer channels this is easy.
    Just create a group address and name it "lounge room lights" for example.
    Assign the group address to both dimmer channels and the key input.

Is that what you are after?

DarylMc, Mar 7, 2014
  4. polerz

polerz

Switches are CLI 5032nL-WE on my receipt, ill have to check toolkit when I go home. They are just the plain white wall switches with the red LED's for activation.

So I'm hearing two options to make this work. The first is blocks, I tried this yesterday but could not get it to work. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, can you please explain the block configuration that I'd use?

The second is a group address for the module channel. Do you simply create trigger group called xx_scene_name under the Applications tab (I'm not infront of the computer, I think it's called the Applications tab), then assign the channels on each module to point to this xx_scene_name?

polerz, Mar 7, 2014
  5. polerz

Roosta

2 questions..

1 - Have you done any proper cbus training?
    2 - Did you program your own house or was it done for you?

Roosta, Mar 7, 2014
  6. polerz

Chrish

I just used blocks. Say on a 4 switch. On the 5th row down, just choose the channel you want and tick the box of the button you want it to be switch from.

Chrish, Aug 1, 2023
  7. polerz

Trevor

Have you looked into scene control via the touch screen...

Create a scene, what ever name, asign the 4 light addresses to that scene, then to activate it use the cbus address you allocated to your wall switch. PICED has an amazing help file.
    You could also use logic to do this... lookup the help file.

Trevor, Aug 7, 2023
Ask a Question