CNI get an orphaned unit message in c-gate logs

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by martymonster, Jun 21, 2011.

1. martymonster

martymonster

I have started running c-gate 24/7 on my server and have noticed the following message.
    This unit is the CNI.
    Prev it was on address 1 and it rcvd the same msgs so I changed its address from 1 to 20 but the msg still occurs.

I am just curious to see whether it is really a probelm which should be fixed (and how) or whether it is not a concern.

20110621-095658 840 //OZOLINV2/254 711c07c0-7dc2-102e-a999-92df2c989751 Orphaned
    command reply for unit 20 (suggests unit address conflict)

Martin

martymonster, Jun 21, 2011
  2. martymonster

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Since you have ruled out an unit address conflict and I assume your network is otherwise operating okay, I wouldn't worry too much about it. It just means that C-Gate saw a response that it wasn't expecting - if you run at event level 9 you will see the response in question immediately before this message appears. If you can paste a section of the surrounding level 9 log here with the exact versions of the software and the unit firmware I can try to work out the cause.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    daniel, Jun 21, 2011
  3. martymonster

martymonster

Hi,
    Here are the requested data.

I stopped c-gate, set level to 9 and restarted c-gate.
    Once the message appeared I stopped c-gate.
    Attached is the complete log from that session.

20110621-173222 300 sys dump cgate: Version=v2.8.0 (build 2310)

Thanks

Attached Files:

martymonster, Jun 21, 2011
  4. martymonster

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Martin, thanks for the detailed log. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with your network or configuration. We made some tweaks to address similar issues in the latest Toolkit release (containing C-Gate build 2316), you could try that to see if it helps. But if your networks are not going into error you may be happy to leave things as they are.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2011
    daniel, Jun 23, 2011
  5. martymonster

martymonster

Thanks Daniel.

It does not appear to be causing any problems, I only noticed it as I started to run C-gate 24/7 so I could then run C-Change as an extra web site.

C-Change is now working quite well.
    Can check and change lights from anywhere, although running it via Andorid on my phone for some reason does not show me the column which allows me to set on/off in picture view.

Martin

martymonster, Jun 24, 2011
Ask a Question