Cgate Web Front-End

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ramon, Apr 15, 2007.

1. ramon

ramon

... i've built a little web applet to interface with Cgate if anyone is interested (feedback welcome)... I'm running Cgate 2.6.0 on Linux which is the only thing i've tested on (with IE7), hence don't be too harsh...

[​IMG]

... to configure, you need to edit your ‘java.policy’ file on your PC; it will be in a version dependent directory eg. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\lib\security …. add the following line within the ‘grant’ section and save -

permission java.security.AllPermission;

... what this does is allow the applet to write config information into the c:\data.xml file being used to store Cbus object data.

... next you need to create a c:\data.xml file - easiest way to do that is to download the default one i'm using from - http://www.lbot.com.au/cbus/data.xml and save to c:\ (i've fixed this path for simplicity).

... Finally, run http://www.lbot.com.au/cbus to launch the applet, and configure accordingly to your Cgate server, and see how it goes.

Note: if you open the Sun Java Console in your browser you can see the commands being sent.

-- Ramon

([email protected])

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2007
    ramon, Apr 15, 2007
  2. ramon

ramon

... updates

1. now supports Firefox and IE
    2. works with JRE 1.5.x & 1.6.x
    3. multiple devices can be selected using Ctrl key when selecting
    4. updated grid control
    5. faster status update as only sending 'get' command on selected device