Cgate Question from Novice

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by kyp, Dec 29, 2004.

1. kyp

kyp

I'm looking to turn on a dimmer channel from my Cgate command interface - first steps in what will be a much larger project. The network address is 254, the unit address is 01, the dimmer channel is 01, application address is 38 (if that helps. Im using the following string but nothing happens
    "on 254/1/1" also tried "on p/254/1/1", "on /254/38/1", "on p/254/38/1". ANY HELP would be very much appreciated - P.S if anyone has any example files or books they can refer me to that also would be a great help - Chhers - Kyp.

kyp, Dec 29, 2004
  2. kyp

Phil.H

Message format = network/application(in decimal or $hex)/group address.
    Try - on 254/56/1 {56 is decimal for hex 38} on 254/$38/1 is the same thing.
    You can also ramp or dim relevant channels - ramp 254/56/1 127 8s
    For the ramp command 127 is the level and 8s is the ramp time. You can only use ramp times relevant to standard C-Bus ramp times 0, 4, 8, 12 etc.

Another good way to work things out is to set up a key input to issue commands then view the result via an event interface 20024. You might also want to edit your CgateConfig.txt file - global event level = 9 You will find this right at the end of the file. Don't forget to save the file then restart C-Gate.
    This will maximise the amount and type of events sent to port 20024.

Happy C-Gate(ing)

Phil.H, Dec 29, 2004
  3. kyp

Phil.H

The World Moves On !

The last paragraph shows my age a little, changing the global event level is relevant to C-Gate version 1.5. If your C-Gate version is a later version or has come with a recent version of C-Bus Toolkit then forget the last section of the post. Changing aspects of the CgateConfig.txt file may cause problems for other apps like Toolkit. Sooner or later C-Gate will be the invisible partner of various new generation apps like Toolkit, Homegate, Ctouch etc.

Oh well !

Phil.H, Dec 30, 2004
Ask a Question