Cgate "Orphaned Command Reply"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by GlenF, Mar 31, 2019.

1. GlenF

GlenF

Hi all,

Was hoping for some advice on the best way to trouble shoot a small issues I am having. When I scan the network in Toolkit I generally get about 40-50 of the 62 items come up first time. If I then refresh, it generally picks up the items in 2 or 3 scans.(and the missing items vary all the time).

The output on Cgate is attached where I get an initial line of "Unit unavailable: not responding" and then a number of lines for the other items saying "Orphaned Command reply for unit xx (suggests unit address conflict)"

I have deconflicted and rechecked all the addresses so not sure where to look next.

I disconnected all the switches and just scanned the dimmers, Relay and CNI and this error did not occur so it is somewhere in the switch circuit but not sure if it is just interference or a faulty item somewhere.

Appreciate any advice or if there is a fault finding Cbus expert in the Sunshine Coast of Qld area would love to get someone in the help.

Thanks
    Glen

Attached Files:

GlenF, Mar 31, 2019
  2. GlenF

Trevor

Hi,
    Have you checked your C-Bus clock and H/W, S/W Burdens

Trevor, Mar 31, 2019
  3. GlenF

GlenF

Yes, thanks Trevor. I have 3 clocks and no SW burdens. I have added a HW version and tested both ways and it does not seem to make a difference. With 62 items, I don't think I actually need a burden.

GlenF, Apr 1, 2019
  4. GlenF

Trevor

Looks like it's isolate them one by one until you find it. shame they show randomly in toolkit otherwise that could show a bad one.

Trevor, Apr 1, 2019
  5. GlenF

Wonkey

Is this a new installation or an old one that has developed a fault

Wonkey, Apr 1, 2019
  6. GlenF

GlenF

Hi Wonkey, it is about 3 years old but I think the fault has always been there. In programming it, I can work around it and the system functions fine, just a bit of a pain.

GlenF, Apr 1, 2019
  7. GlenF

Wonkey

Check you have enough power for network ideally a little more.
    If thats ok then get your multi meter out and check the voltage between +ve and earth then - ve and earth. The results should be similar give or take a few volts.
    If either measurement is close to 0v then you have a conductor down to earth, which would mess up communication.
    Do you have any unterminated cable ends that could be subject to moisture again this would mess up comms

Wonkey, Apr 1, 2019
  8. GlenF

GlenF

Thanks Wonkey, will check

GlenF, Apr 3, 2019
Ask a Question