CGate cannot find application

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by kostas, Dec 28, 2004.

1. kostas

kostas

hi y'all ...

I've only recently started playing around with Circa & IR Reader to try to control devices through IR.

I'd created a new application on my network, & some groups under it, each one corresponding to an individual IR command to my aircondition unit. As long as each group was assigned to a Neo switch everything worked fine, and CGate server saw the new application & the groups under it.

However, when I removed the switch-group assosciations, although the application & groups are still on the network, CGate cannot find them anymore.

Note: I've programmed a CTouch panel to control the airconditioner, which still works fine, only CGate cannot see the app. & groups.

Does anyone have a clue on what might be happening & a workaround ?

Cheers,
    Kostas

kostas, Dec 28, 2004
  2. kostas

Phil.H

Missing Groups

G-Gate builds an "object model" of the C-Bus network(s) it is connected to. When it first starts it gets all the C-Bus unit info plus groups and levels of groups from key input and output units. The problem is, when you remove the groups from the Neo, next time C-Gate does its sync and psync operations (default 5 minutes) it will rebuild the object model minus the groups which have been removed. From this point on if you try to issue a command to these groups C-Gate will respond with a "Bad Object" response. C-Gate will not pull these goups from a C-Touch unit. The solution is to write a small config file to tell C-Gate to recognise groups which do not reside in key input or outpot units (phantom groups). Will dig around to try to find info on this for you. It has been a long time since I have done this.

Try looking in your online documentation folder (C:\Clipsal\C-Gate) in the User guide for info on this.

Phil.H, Dec 29, 2004
  3. kostas

Phil.H

Phil.H, Dec 29, 2004
Ask a Question