CBUS Training and Config for personal install

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jensenoz, Jan 26, 2012.

1. jensenoz

jensenoz

I have a few questions that I hope people more wiser than I will be able to answer re C-Bus. The first is as follows.

I appreciate, or at least I think I do, that the C-Bus tookit software is what you use to create scenes in your home. My question does the Wiser Home Controller in essence replace this piece of software from a config perspective?

jensenoz, Jan 26, 2012
  2. jensenoz

2SC

Scenes that you create in Toolkit and stored in units have low capabilities(for example up to 40 groups per switch or 4 scenes of 10 groups each). The true tool for creating really impressive scenes is a touch screen or the wiser, using the Piced software.

2SC, Jan 26, 2012
  3. jensenoz

NickD Moderator

Toolkit is used for commissioning/configuring *all* devices on the network.

For these simpler devices like switches and dimmers/relays, *all* their setup is done using Toolkit. Some of these switches have scene capability, and this is set up using Toolkit.

The more complex devices like touchscreens and Wiser still have some basic settings that need to be done with Toolkit, but most of their configuration (including scenes), is done using PICED.

Nick

NickD, Jan 26, 2012
Ask a Question