CBus Telephone InterFace

Discussion in 'Telephone Interface (CBTI) and TICA' started by [IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004.

1. [IL]NewGen

[IL]NewGen

I was wondering how i could slow down the computerized voice operator, it seems that it's speaking without proper pauses and spacing between words... it's become one BIG sentence it's splurts out...

cheers :D

[IL]NewGen, Aug 4, 2004
  2. [IL]NewGen

Richo

Currently the only control you have is to change the "Short Silence" and "Long Silence" values within the Audio configuration of your TICA project.

From the Tica help file:

"Short Silence: The short silence period is the time in milliseconds the CBTI pause between playing each library word to a caller or out the "Audio Out" port. If the <SILENCE> word variable is used within the project configuration then this parameter is the duration of time for that silence. Recommended 10ms.

Long Silence: The long silence period is the time in milliseconds used for the <LONG SILENCE> word variable. Recommended 100 to 200 ms."

Richo, Aug 4, 2004
  3. [IL]NewGen

ashleigh Moderator

I presume you are using the "Australian Male" or "Australian Female" voice files.

As pointed out, you can change the silences only.

The voice is intelligible, though for some people it takes a bit of getting used to.

The 5100TAU has so much voice data stored in it, that we have a trade off between speed, and number of words. We opted for more words, and made the voice run a bit faster.

Mind you, before we sped it up, the voice was unbearably slow... We cant win here.

It is not possible to change the voice speed in the 5100TAU - it can only be done using some special software we use to reprocess it before shipping.

I'll add this to the list of outstanding change requests for this product, though, and see if I can settle on voice thats a little slower for the next release of TICA.

ashleigh, Aug 4, 2004
Ask a Question