Cant see touchscreen in toolkit

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by pgardiner, Aug 2, 2022.

1. pgardiner

pgardiner

Hi all,

I have a version one colour touch screen amongst other devices on the cbus network.

A scan often misses the touchscreen or finds it but cant open the device in toolkit.

It does work on cbus! and controls devices as expected.

I can upload projects to touchsreen.

Power is ok, Clock and Balan ok.

Latest Toolkit and PICED,

Any ideas?

pgardiner, Aug 2, 2022
  2. pgardiner

Graham Lamb

Touch screen CBus interface failing all so I have seen it where interface appears in toolkit but touchscreen wont send information to cbus network.Talk to Trevor Callaghan he will be able to help with repairs.
    [email protected]

Graham Lamb, Aug 3, 2022
  3. pgardiner

Pc2022

have had the same issue in the past.
    From memory it would see levels set by other devices on the network but it wasnt able to control them.
    was a v1 as well ended up replacing with a v3

Pc2022, Aug 3, 2022
  4. pgardiner

Trevor

Hi yep that sounds like the transmit cct in the touchscreen, starts by receiving but not sending commands, ends with no cbus comms, heat and cold will affect it as well.
    Fortunately it can be repaired, JEA Technologies has taken over the repairs from Arbor Australia (the original manufacturer) and employed me to continue the repairs.

Regards
    Trevor Callaghan
    JEA Technologies
    0404 887 463
    [email protected]
    Unit 36, 41-49 Norcal rd Nunawading 3131

Trevor, Aug 6, 2022
  5. pgardiner

Ashley

If it's still controlling devices it could just be a simple wiring problem. Toolkit hits the network much harder than normal operation and often shows up cabling faults in an otherwise working network. Try downloading and running the Cbus diagnostic utility. It has an option to stress the network which may give you some clues as to the problem.

Ashley, Aug 6, 2022
Ask a Question