Cannot turn on switch via CGate/Switches but works from Physical 8 Channel Dimmer

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by zentron, Sep 1, 2019.

1. zentron

zentron

Hopefully i can provide enough information here to get some help.
    We have a series of LED lights on one channel of a DIN Rail 8 Channel Dimmer. Now although the specific group (Kitchen Lights) appears to be attached to the correct channel address in the C-Bus software if i turn it in via the software or corresponding light switch also linked to this group then it doesn't turn on. If however i go and press the "button" on the physical Dimmer "hardware" then the lights turn on. So i am connected to the correct channel in the software (channel 5), but for some reason it doesn't seem to trigger the physical device (nor does the led light swtich on the device turn on/off). Other lights on the other channels seem to work fine. Does this sound like it could be a hardware issue or is something in the system not properly configured?

Any help would be greatly appreciated and please let me know if i am missing any key information that may help diagnose.
    Thanks!

zentron, Sep 1, 2019
  2. zentron

Mr Mark

Hi zentron.

When you open the dimmer in Toolkit, is there anything ticked or checked on the "Logic" tab for that channel?

Mr Mark, Sep 1, 2019
  3. zentron

zentron

There is a logic group for "Kitchen All" which usually is linked to a button that turns both kitchen (ch 5 & 7) on. I highlighted Ch5 which appears to work via "manual" pressing the dimmer, but not when i turn it on via the "group"
    upload_2019-9-1_21-8-53.png

zentron, Sep 1, 2019
  4. zentron

zentron

I Think your question may have led me to notice the difference! The Min/Max radio looked to be checked as MIN for that channel for some reason. When i set it to max like the rest it appears to work!! Thanks a bunch for helping me to look in the right place. Much appreciated!

zentron, Sep 1, 2019
  5. zentron

Mr Mark

Excellent!
    The way it was set up [MIN], channel 5 would need both "Kitchen - Fridge Side" AND "Kitchen - ALL" to be on.

Mr Mark, Sep 1, 2019
  6. zentron

zentron

Thanks for the explanation

zentron, Sep 3, 2019
  7. zentron

NickD Moderator

Just to expand on this slightly..

"Min" takes the minimum level of all the groups included.. "Max" takes the maximum.

Min is often used to limit the maximum brightness of a bunch of lights based on time of day... you have a schedule that sets the Logic group to 100% when you want full range, and to a lower number when you want a reduce maximum (eg during the night).

Nick

NickD, Sep 5, 2019
Ask a Question