Cannot open network (CNI)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by MichaelCarey, Feb 9, 2014.

1. MichaelCarey

MichaelCarey

Hi Everybody,

I'm hoping I missed something... I had a look through this forum section and couldn't find anything that described what I am seeing.

Just updated to C-Bus Toolkit v1.13.0 (Windows7 64bit) and during the final stages of the install a box popped up about going in Control Panel/Programs and Features and making sure that the Telnet Client feature was enabled. (I think)

I did this but I cannot seem to connect to my home network via CNI. This is the first time I have seen this dialog box when installing C-Bus Toolkit and can't seem to find anything about this in Toolkit help.

I get an "Open failed: failure opening port" error message in nice red text.

C-Gate does appear to be working (service has started successfully) and my various projects are appearing OK.

What am I missing?

Regards,

Michael.

MichaelCarey, Feb 9, 2014
  2. MichaelCarey

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Michael,

Earlier versions of Windows included a telnet client, but Microsoft decided to disable it as of Windows 7 and later, so you need to explicitly enable it if you want it.

More information: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/telnet-faq#1TC=windows-7

The lack of a telnet client doesn't impair normal Toolkit & C-Gate functionality. It is used only for the "Connect to C-Gate" option in the Start Menu, should you wish to execute C-Gate commands by hand.

The error connecting to your CNI is not related to the telnet client. It's likely to be some other issue, perhaps firewall related. Looking at C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\logs\event.txt might tell you more.

daniel, Feb 9, 2014
Ask a Question