Cannot open C-Bus Network

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by rocketsimon, May 15, 2021.

1. rocketsimon

rocketsimon

Hi All,

I have a Wiser 2 that I use for both the iPhone Wiser app and to configure the network via C-Bus Toolkit. Rarely need to use the Toolkit, but never had a problem until today.

When I try to 'Open' the network I get an error - PCI failed to reset. Unable to open the Network. If I look in the C-Gate window I can see a cbus send error: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer: socket write error.

iPhone Wiser App works fine, and I can connect to port 10001 (via nc) to prove the port is open.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas? Thank you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

Simon

rocketsimon, May 15, 2021
  2. rocketsimon

Graham Lamb

Hi
    Have you checked in toolkit the interface type is wiser and the correct IP address is there.
    Regards
    Graham

Graham Lamb, May 26, 2021
  3. rocketsimon

rocketsimon

Thank you Graham - yes I've checked that and all is OK. It looks like it may be either a network problem, or just how C-Bus copes with Layer 3 routing. I've now moved the client onto the same subnet as the wiser and it is working; its if you have a layer 3 routing hop things seem to go wrong.
    Cheers
    Simon

rocketsimon, May 28, 2021
Ask a Question