Cannot connect to C-Gate server

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by XJ6, Oct 5, 2016.

1. XJ6

XJ6

A few days ago I installed Toolkit 1.14.7 (on a Windows 10 machine) which seems to have been a big mistake. The first few days using this latest version of Toolkit were fairly standard (no shortage of irritating bugs); however, this morning Toolkit simply refused to work at all. I encountered the following error when starting the software:

"The Secure Socket Layer DLL could not be found. Cannot connect to C-Gate server. Please reinstall Toolkit."

Reinstalling Toolkit did not fix the problem. Even completely removing all Clipsal software from this machine and installing 1.14.5 did not fix the problem. Fortunately, this old fix got Toolkit working but now PICED doesn't work properly.

Any suggestions?

XJ6, Oct 5, 2016
  2. XJ6

znelbok

Forget about using Toolkit (and onything else for productivity) in Win10 and go get VMWare workstation/player, install and then create a VM with Windows 7 and install the Toolkit and other C-Bus apps there.

Microsoft can then f*ck around with your Win10 however they like and you have your Clipsal W7 VM there - this is where you make your money so you don't want to be dealing with the bull**** that MS is dealing out now.

VM's should be used for all tools like this - creates segregation from other programs that can stuff things up and backup, moving and copying of the instance is so simple. Your PC craps itself - just install Player (or workstation) on another PC and copy the VM over to it and you are up and running quickly.

znelbok, Oct 5, 2016
  3. XJ6

ashleigh Moderator

Best advice I've come across in a long long time.

ashleigh, Oct 5, 2016
Ask a Question