C-Gate Telnet Commands Broken?

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by kcampbell, Apr 19, 2006.

1. kcampbell

kcampbell

Hi,
    I have just upgraded to version 1.3.2 (from 1.2.0) and notice that now commands from the Telnet interface don't seem to work, i.e. on 254/49/1 works OK with 1.2.0, but now gets a response as "failed" under the new version. Is there a change to the format of the commands, i.e. need to use the full //project name/254/49/1 for commands, or is this function being removed?

kcampbell, Apr 19, 2006
  2. kcampbell

Richo

Whatever worked in 1.2 should work in 1.3. Can you provide a more complete description of the problem and how to reproduce.

Richo, Apr 19, 2006
  3. kcampbell

kcampbell

OK, still works

Hi,

moved our system over to a more powerful processor PC and it works fine.
    Seems to be "slower" in processing, therefore on an underpowered system, the messages don't go out in time.

Also, have found there is an issue with Toolkit. If you start Toolkit, then bin it, but keep it's CGate session, there is an issue with sending commands out the serial port (via the telnet interface).

However, if you get rid of CGate and then start it again (and then telnet into it again), the commands work OK.

kcampbell, Jun 9, 2006
  4. kcampbell

Richo

What was the machines spec? Processor + Ram.

Not aware of this issue, will enter into our issue management system to be investigated.

Richo, Jun 13, 2006
  5. kcampbell

kcampbell

Spec

Err, not sure about the processor, it's a VIA EPIC mini-ATX PC with processor attached - passive cooled.

Windows tells me it's a VIA Samuel 2 at 533Mhz, 256M Ram.

So not sure it it's a 486 or 586 class, probably something like a cut down Celeron.

We are running WindowsXP on it, so it's a bit sluggish.

kcampbell, Jun 13, 2006
  6. kcampbell

Richo

No real surprises then, that isn't enough speed or ram to do anything usefull in Windows + Java.

Richo, Jun 13, 2006
Ask a Question