C-Gate modifying System Time??

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Extrex, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Extrex

Extrex

Hi
    Is is possible for C Gate to modify the system time?
    We have S+ running a project and every once in awhile we notice that the schedules that are supposed to run at sunset do not run on time. On checking the system we find that the time has been changed from AM to PM.
    At first we thought that somebody had modified the time but since this has happened quite a few times we think there must be something wrong with the system. This is a dedicated system which is not connected to the internet and has nothing else running on it.
    We have done a virus scan with the latest updates so we have ruled that out.
    We have also run a log and nothing has turned up.
    Are there any other possibilities? Is it due to S+ or do we have to look elsewhere.

Extrex, Mar 3, 2006
  2. Extrex

Nobes

I had the exact same problem a few months ago. Our S+ was running a 11 storey tower and it had schedules starting the lighting up of a morning and doing a few different things of a night. It did cause a bit of grief for a while trying to sort it out. (they didn't see the funny side of floors turning themselves off during the day:D )

CIS sent me a revised CGate to fix it at the time, however the latest S+ has a tick box to enable or disable time synchronisation. Update S+ and you should be right.

I beleive the later Toolkit versions installed a new version of Cgate that fixed the problem also.

Nobes, Mar 5, 2006
Ask a Question