C-Bus Send Error More Info

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Cameron, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Cameron

Cameron

I am getting a communications error with CGate as follows:
    20060903-195737 827 //SEACOMBE/254 cb3befe0-8ddc-1027-9b69-917f11dd69c2 C-Bus Send Error: (#)(retrying)

Is this a failure talking to a particular group (ie. 254) that does not exist or is it only related to voltage, burden etc as I picked up off another posting?

Is there any other information in the error that can point me to the source of the problem?

Communications is from PICED. If it is related to a particular group that I am trying to find the status on but does not exist, is there en easy way of searching for it in the PICED software.

Cameron, Sep 7, 2006
  2. Cameron

Darren Senior Member

The # means that C-Gate did not receive an acknowledgement. The 254 is the network, not the group.

Likely causes include :
    1. Communications problems (burdens, voltages, noise etc)
    2. No devices on the Application you are using, hence no acknowledgements
    3. If the message is going to a remote network, then maybe the bridge is missing

Use the C-Bus diagnostic software to look at the messages and use the Traffic Analyser function to look for communications problems.

Darren, Sep 7, 2006
Ask a Question