C-Bus Installation Software V2.7.7

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Duncan, Jul 28, 2004.

1. Duncan

Duncan

A new version of the C-Bus Installation Software has just been put on our Website.. this releases addresses some issues with the 2 and 4 Channel Bus Coupler Units and the DIN Rail Auxillary Input Units.

This new version if a critical update to address problems in the above mentioned units.

The software can be downloaded from our Website http://www.clipsal.com/cis/downloads.php3

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2004
    Duncan, Jul 28, 2004
  2. Duncan

captain

When will the need to enter all our details every time we download be done away with? A bit tedious. :eek:

captain, Aug 4, 2004
  3. Duncan

Stuart Martin

Stuart Martin

Yeah great to see the forum up and running I'm sure it will go well. On the download side, I agree with the Captain, entering information every time we down load is a PIA, can't we have access via this forum?

Stuart Martin, Aug 4, 2004
  4. Duncan

Richo

There is strong support within CIS to do away with the registration, this is something that is being actively debated. (Personally I think it should be dumped).

As to the end result ... I have know idea. Sorry. But we are fighting for you :)

Richo, Aug 4, 2004
  5. Duncan

znelbok

Although I agree in principle, I doubt I would have got the e-mail today about this forum group if I had not had to in the past. I would have used a bogus e-mail and/or nothing at all.

Now that the forum is here I think it is not needed

Mick

znelbok, Aug 4, 2004
  6. Duncan

CTS

Attention RICHO

If I may, I would like to put forward a suggestion to the issue of reg'ding all the time for new release and/or updated versions of software.

It is my understanding that to become a member of these forums you have to supply an email address etc, utilise it!!!! form an email list then send out a link for those who are reg'd on this forum for the download of such products.
    For those not wanting to get the "Spam Email" give them the option of unsubscribing to the email list.

It's a great way to get instant communication to all out in the field, of known problems, new products, surveys and so on. As I do not have the time, like others I would assume, to sit and read through each and every post, I wouldnt mind been kept in the loop, so to speak, on issues like this via email, which I read each and everyday.

-CTS

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2004
    CTS, Sep 22, 2004
  7. Duncan

Richo

We do have an email notification system managed by a different department. I know that the formal CIS annoucement process is being reviewed as well.
    I will speak to the people invloved, but can;t make any promises as it starts getting into areas of the organisation that I try and stay out of <grin>.

Will also need to ensure that anything we do complies with the strict Australian anti-spam laws.

What!!! You don't read this everday frist thing in the morning like me???? (shock) :)

I understand the point you are making, and it's a good one. I will put it forward to the powers that be.

Richo, Sep 23, 2004
  8. Duncan

jacksim

Good!!

Yes, very tedious...haha ~~

:)

jacksim, Sep 23, 2004
  9. Duncan

Clyde

could it not be linked into the forum id?
    we all have a membership/registration number, just need a password and all the information is there, obviousley this would only be needed for downloading

Clyde, Sep 23, 2004
  10. Duncan

Richo

There registration for downloading is being reviewed.

Richo, Sep 24, 2004
  11. Duncan

znelbok

Please hurry up with V3.

I am so sick of rebooting because V2 has crashed the system - always when I am committing changes to the network. Three times I had to reboot for 7 changes to the network. It just locks th machine solid. THere is nothing else wrong with themachine so I have to assume it is the software (or the re-director software). It is at the point of unmanagable

znelbok, Sep 27, 2004
  12. Duncan

Richo

If you are running Windows 2000 or Windows XP[1] you can mostly likely save having to do a reboot by using task manager and killing the ntvdm.exe[2]

To do this follow the steps:

*** WARNING ****
    Killing NTVDM will cause all older 16bit applications to immediately drop out of memory. SHUTDOWN all running applications before following these steps.
    *** WARNING ****

A) Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc simultaneously to display the Windows Task Manager.
    B) Select the processes tab
    C) Select NTVDM.EXE in the list.
    D) Press the "End Process" button (bottom of window).

You should find you can restart V2 software now.

[1] If you are not running Win2000 or XP you should be in my opinion. All other versions of Window are very poor and not worth installing.

[2] This is the subsystem in Windows for running older style 16bit applications. By killing this process you are evectively "rebooting" the 16bit old Windows without having to reboot you entire system.

Richo, Sep 27, 2004
  13. Duncan

znelbok

the only button that works is the power button, nothing else, not ctrl-alt-del, nothing. So terminating a process is not an option.

It is W2K.

Thanks though as it will come in handy one day

znelbok, Sep 27, 2004
  14. Duncan

Richo

Ouch!

I doubt it's V2 as it should be virtually impossible for a 16bot app to kill Win2K.

It's possible that a driver can however, which is what the redirector software is. I would suggest talkign to techsupport and see if they have had any reports. I have never installed the redirector software so can;t really help much further sorry.

Richo, Sep 27, 2004
Ask a Question