Bus Coupler and wardrobe lights programming

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by walkeraj, Jul 22, 2008.

1. walkeraj

walkeraj

I have connected a bus coupler to a micro switch on a bedroom wardrobe door and paralleld the connections to another micro-switch on the 2nd door. I have set the contacts so that opening the door makes the circuit.

I would like opening the door to control the under cabinet lighting I have put in the wardrobe.

I have had a play with the toolkit but can not get the operation exactly how I would like.

It seems to me that a single toggle operation is a complete sequence of the contacts closing and then opening again. This makes the light come on when the door is opened, however it stays on when the door is closed but then opening it again is a 2nd toggle which makes it go off which is completely wrong.

I can't figure out the correct toolkit settings. I guess that a short button press is not an issue with a bus coupler.

My ideal operation would be door opening triggers lights to ramp on over 4 seconds and a timer which turns them off after 2 mins if the door is left open. Also, the door closing turns them off immediately.

Can this be done with a bus-coupler, I don't have a PAC?

walkeraj, Jul 22, 2008
  2. walkeraj

Mark

Bus Coupler Wardrobe Door

Ni hao Walkeraj,

Ok, the method depends on the version of bus coupler you have.
    The latest version has support for Bi-stable switches, which should be perfect for you, so hopefully that's what you've got!

BCN4B (v2.2.0):
    Your toggle switch is really working like a bi-stable switch, so in the Key Functions tab select the "Bistable Switch" tick box for the appropriate channel.
    When the door is opened, the Just Closed, then Closed micro functions will be triggered (think switch closed, not door!).
    Make the Just Closed micro function "Up Key" to give your ramp on over 4 seconds (set RR accordingly in Global tab).
    Make the Closed microfunction "Retrigger Timer" and set your 2 minute timer and "Off Key" timer expiry function on the appropriate block.

For the turn off, set the "Just Opened" microfunction to "Off Key" and you should be done!

KEYBC4 (v1.2.67):
    This doesn't support bistable switches, so it's a little less intuitive...
    When the door is opened, you get a Short Press, then a Long Press event.
    When it closes you will get a Long release event (unless you close it with ~400ms...), so:
    Make the Short Press micro function "Up Key" to give your ramp on over 4 seconds (set RR accordingly in Global tab).
    Make the Long Press microfunction "Retrigger Timer" and set your 2 minute timer and "Off Key" timer expiry function on the appropriate block.

When the door is closed you will get a Long Release or (very rarely) a Short release event, so set both of these microfunctions to "Off Key".

That should be it, Good luck!

Cheers,
    Mark.

Mark, Jul 22, 2008
  3. walkeraj

walkeraj

thanks very much for that Mark, I'll give it a go tonight.

Cheers

walkeraj, Jul 22, 2008
  4. walkeraj

anupam

Bell press function

I tried using Bell Press function. Worked Fine with me.:)

anupam, Jul 22, 2008
  5. walkeraj

walkeraj

yeah, got it working using Marks instructions.

many thanks
    Andy

walkeraj, Jul 22, 2008
Ask a Question