bath room fan/light problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by typan1, Jul 27, 2010.

1. typan1

typan1

Hi this is my first post, I'm trying to set up a L5504RUF relay unit & a 5034NL switch for a bath room which has one light circuit, one heat light circuit and one fan/light circuit in the shower, what I'm having problems with is the fan/light part of the circuit, what the customer wants is when the fan/light button is pressed the fan starts and the light turns on and when the button is pressed again the light turns off and the fan timer start it's count down, but if the fan/light button is pressed again before the timer has finished it's count down, the fan will remain on as the timer will be cancel and the light turns on until the button is pressed again which will start the countdown for the fan & the light will switch off.
    The 4th button will not be used.

typan1, Jul 27, 2010
  2. typan1

Nik

Hey Typan1,

Directly out of ToolKit help menu.. Search Bathroom..

Cheers,
    Nik

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
    Nik, Jul 27, 2010
  3. typan1

typan1

Hi Nik, OK When persons using the bathroom exit, they will press the key again to turn the light off. The fan will continue to run for 5 minutes after this. but what if another person enters the bathroon and press the key before the 5mins is up, will the fan run non stop untill the key is pressed again which in turn kills the light and the fan timer starts its cycle? The thing is, if the second person press the key as entering the bathroom to switch on the light and fan, will the fan run non stop untill the key is pressed on the way out by the second person?

typan1, Jul 28, 2010
  4. typan1

typan1

Found the problem, neede a "on key" command for the fan

typan1, Aug 2, 2010
  5. typan1

finale

hi . . .
    em a newbie in this thing , that was the problem i was searching for the solution and tht's why i joined this forum.how to solve it , details plz.

finale, Aug 6, 2010
  6. typan1

yamy125

Bit stuck on this one too.

The underlying issue here is that the timer continues to countdown from the first person exiting and pressing the button to turn off the light and start the fan timer. What if another user walks in during that 5 minute fan countdown and uses the bathroom button - well the problem is the timer continues to countdown from the first person exiting and switches the fan off (normally in the middle of the second person's shower...).

Question is, is there any way to have the second person entering and pressing the button and have it cancel the in-progress countdown for the fan from the first exit? It certainly turns the light on again (as that is in the off state after 2 seconds) but unfortunately it has no impact on the already running fan countdown.

Any help/suggestion much appreciated. I also attempted using logic, but had the same problem with the fan countdown (used a delay) being executed at inconvenient times (during second person's shower).

Cheers

yamy125, Aug 7, 2010
  7. typan1

yamy125

Fixed with some basic logic and using a pulse for the fan (rather than a code delay that was causing the trouble for me before):

Code:
    once (GetLightingState("Bathroom Scene Trigger") = ON) then
    begin
      SetLightingState("Bathroom Heat", ON);
      SetLightingState("Bathroom Fan", ON);
    end;
    once (GetLightingState("Bathroom Scene Trigger") = OFF) then
    begin
      SetLightingState("Bathroom Heat", OFF);
      PulseCBusLevel("Local", "Lighting", "Bathroom Fan", 100%, 0, "0:06:00", 0%);
    end;

yamy125, Aug 7, 2010
  8. typan1

finale

thanks !!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
    finale, Aug 7, 2010
  9. typan1

pgardiner

Where did you configure the "Found the problem, need a "on key" command for the fan "

Have the same issue here, many thanks,

pgardiner, Aug 1, 2015
  10. typan1

Ashley W

Best way is as per the 2nd post in this thread. Do it that way it works.

This is all configured in the keyfunction and blocks tabs of the unit.

Essentially you program the key to retrigger timer n short press, recall1 on short release.

In the blocks section you asisgn you light to use key1, you configure recall 1 to be 100% and put in a time of 1 second in the timer.

You also assign key1 to the fan. Again 100% for recall 1 and what ever time you want the fan to run for.

Then when someone presses the button, if everything is off both fan and light recall to 100%. When pressed to turn off a timer is triggered, the light turns off after 1 second, the fan what ever you program.

If pressed again, both go to 100% timer cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    Ashley W, Aug 2, 2015
  11. typan1

pgardiner

I have already completed this but if I press the light off and back on again before the fan timeout then it keeps the fan on for ever.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The above is for a test 4 key reflection, client keypad is a 2 key Saturn, I dont want to loose the second key, its assigned to another group.

Am I assuming if I change Long Press to Off Key it just resets all to off? is this the fix?

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
    pgardiner, Aug 2, 2015
Ask a Question