Barcode scanning, or lack of

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Michael, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Michael

Michael

Toolkit 1.1.4
    Windows 2K SP4

Started a new project, and created a blank network in order to try out my new barcode scanner :)

Now, first i highlighted the project in project manager and scanned the barcode of the wireless bridge (wired side)........ nothing :(

Next i highlighted network and tried scanning..... again nothing :(

Next higlight units, try scanning... you guessed it! nothing.....

Pressed F10, which opened a little message:
    "ready to scan barcode... press esc to cancel" scanned the barcode...... and..... nothing :(

So I clicked on the add unit icon, which opened the Add unit window...... tried scanning........... this time the unit type and serial nuber was added the the search field.... (not what i wanted, but at least i knew the scanner was working!!!!)

In a last ditch attemp i clicked on the first unit in the list a KEY1 unit..... scanned the barcode..... and a "enter serial number" box was opened!! :D
    Scanned the serial number only and it entered fine :D clicked OK and it entered a KEY1 unit :(:(:(

Tried the last bit again, but this time clicked on the second unit in the list a KEY2. And it enered a KEY2 to the database......

Am i missing something??????

Cheers.....

Michael, Jan 10, 2005
  2. Michael

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi Michael,

We did rework the bar code scanner significantly in Toolkit 1.1.4.

It now uses passive scanning, meaning you always need to press F10 before performing a barcode scan. This applies in both the Project Manager and the Unit Dialogs. We haven't yet managed to document this as clearly as we'd like.

I note you still encountered problems after pressing F10, can you clarify for us which barcode you were scanning? The one you want is the "Software Config. Code".

Thanks,
    Daniel

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2005
    daniel, Jan 10, 2005
  3. Michael

Michael

Hey Daniel,

Was using the Software Config Code generally....... only used the serial number code when prompted for a serial number......

cheers,

Michael, Jan 10, 2005
  4. Michael

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Defect #4169

Thanks Michael

daniel, Jan 10, 2005
Ask a Question