Backing Up Project When Connected Remotely

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by abg, Aug 20, 2009.

1. abg

abg

I run Toolkit 1.10.5 from my PC and connect to a remote PC (on LAN) running C-Gate 2.7.1 using the 'Connect to Remote C-Gate option'.

Everything works perfectly, except when I try and backup the projects. Toolkit says it has backed up the file, but it is only 1K in size and is, in effect, empty.

If I run toolkit on the machine with C-Gate the backup works. Is there any known issue backing up projects when connected with the remote option?

abg, Aug 20, 2009
  2. abg

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Hi abg,

Thanks for reporting it, we've recorded this, issue #17576.

daniel, Aug 21, 2009
  3. abg

george

Can't reproduce the backup issue

Hi abg,

We tried to reproduce this issue but the backup worked fine in all our testing scenarios. Could you please do the following to help us find where the problem is? After you attempt to backup the remote project and discover the 1KB file, go to C:\Clipsal\CBusToolkit, locate there the file toolkit.ccl (the log file) and send it to : errors.cis AT clipsal.com.au (change AT to @)

Thank you,
    George

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2009
    george, Aug 24, 2009
  4. abg

abg

Hi George

I've sent the file in but as mentioned in the email the log file did not change when the backup was done. Anything else I can try?

Thanks

Andrew

abg, Aug 26, 2009
Ask a Question