Automatically opening and connecting to a C-Bus network on boot up

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by ChrisJC, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ChrisJC

ChrisJC

I'm sure that I did this years ago but I cannot find the command line where Toolkit opens and selects the project and connects automatically so that I can record the log and isn a power failure occurs it will automatically do this.

I can open toolkit automatically on a boot up but it's the command line switches that I cannot recall and cannot find where I stored the document. Or am I dreaming this and it was something else that I did for another program?

ChrisJC, Mar 23, 2019
  2. ChrisJC

jboer

I dont think there is any Command-Line Parameters for Toolkit, there is for PICED and Schedule Plus. But I think both of them need a license if you have them connected to C-Bus for a period of time, otherwise they will disconnect. However I would give Piced a go.

jboer, Mar 26, 2019
  3. ChrisJC

Damaxx

Going off the cuff here Chris, but I think you need to configure C-Gate to open your default project when Toolkit opens. Dive into the folder for C-Gate folder and find your config txt file. Change that file to open your project by default and connect on start up. When your pc boots, toolkit will start and C-Gate will open the correct project and open the network.

Edit: Just had a quick look at my setup and my memory actually worked (thank you coffee).
    You need to change your config file C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\config\C-GateConfig.txt

Code:
    #### project.default:
    # Name of the default project
    # Default Value: 
    # Scope:         global
    # Effective on:  restart
    ###
    project.default= (Your project name here)

#### project.start:
    # Space-separated list of projects to start on server startup
    # Default Value: 
    # Scope:         global
    # Effective on:  restart
    ###
    project.start= (Your project name here)

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
    Damaxx, Mar 26, 2019
    mrees and jboer like this.
  4. ChrisJC

jboer

Good thought Damaxx however just a note on this, but this is just when C-Gate starts not Toolkit (well if C-Gate isnt running when Toolkit is opened it will start it) but thought I would make that point. If you just want C-Gate to do the logging then you can just start that service whenever the PC starts and set the config like Damaxx has said rather than having to open Toolkit.

jboer, Mar 26, 2019
Ask a Question