AUdio Video Application CD (HEX)

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by mikegriff, Jul 21, 2005.

1. mikegriff

mikegriff

Is there any more info on the protocul with this Applicationother than that shown in ApplicationIDNumbers.pdf
    I would like to control an Audio amp and also a few Sky receivers via the serial port on a PAC and Colour screen
    thanks in advance
    Mike

mikegriff, Jul 21, 2005
  2. mikegriff

Richo

The $CD Application is a very specific application developed for the Multi-room Audio Systems Plug and Play architecture. It is important to not use this for general devices and only for devices carefully designed to conform to the plug and play design of the MRA. I'm not 100% sure, but this informaton is most likely available to members of the cbus enabled program. From your description this is not the application you want to use as it is not generic and very specific to the MRA implementation.

Richo, Jul 21, 2005
  3. mikegriff

ashleigh Moderator

Application $CD is not even available for C-Bus Enabled members yet.

ashleigh, Jul 22, 2005
  4. mikegriff

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi Mike
    Im sure you could achieve the controlling of your audio amp and skyboxes via xPL or xAP...Just a matter of either camp writing a plugin for your kit....

With xPL ....xPL-Cgate would pass on the cbus commands and have xPL-HVISION trigger HV macros which send out serial commands to your kit ??

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Jul 22, 2005
  5. mikegriff

mikegriff

Hi Frank

At present they are controled via Homevision and ACE
    I'm hoping that when the PAC comes out in the UK the serial port will allow me to control without relying on the PC
    Not to mention a litle help from you boxes :)
    thanks Mike

mikegriff, Jul 22, 2005
Ask a Question