Applications - Best Practice

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by NickLocke, Mar 19, 2006.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

Just been reading C-Bus Application ID Numbers and I found:

Traditionally, Lighting was the only Application available, and hence is commonly used for purposes such as curtain control,......​

That set me thinking that I should be using a different application for my curtains which, just as the document hints, are currently on Lighting.
    So, I had a look through section 3 of the document and did not find another application which seemed better suited to the curtains (except perhaps Room Control System - which it says is no longer supported).

So, I was about to post a question along those lines, when I happened to be looking in Toolkit for something else. I then spotted that, so far as I can see, my input units only support a single application each. This suggests that using (for example) a 5034 to control three lights and one set of curtains can only be done if the curtains and lights are in the same application anyway.

Thoughts? Thanks.

Nick

NickLocke, Mar 19, 2006
  2. NickLocke

ashleigh Moderator

You are correct, current input units only support a single application.

That will change, in time.

Curtain control is probably a bad example, some of the other things like date/time, air-con, etc are better examples.

Lighting is also a bad name, it should be something more generic like "load control" (which is after all what its being used for every day).

For now, do what you have done before. It might not be perfect (in terms of allocation of function onto magic numbers), but it works.

ashleigh, Mar 19, 2006
  3. NickLocke

NickLocke

Thanks

NickLocke, Mar 20, 2006
Ask a Question