5751L bedroom switching

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Steve Tester, Feb 2, 2005.

1. Steve Tester

Steve Tester

Hi,

I have several bedrooms with the following, 5032NL @ the door, 5032NL by the bed & 5751L ceiling mounted in one corner, dimmer is 5104D750.

What I would like to do is when the door switch is on this activates the 5751L in turn controlling the light, (current setup). Next when the bed switch is on this only controls the light without the 5751L. This switch would also need to switch off the 5751L.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks in advance...

Steve Tester, Feb 2, 2005
  2. Steve Tester

Newman

Steve

Not quite sure if this is what you're after, but here goes.

Configure your 5751L Indoor PIR so that the PIR Enable/Disable group DISABLES the PIR when the group is turned On.

Assign the button by the door so that it controls the PIR Enable/Disable group.

Assign the button on the wall switch by the bed to control both the PIR Enable/Disable group and the Bedroom group (that's where you put multiple ticks under the key on the blocks tab). Change the Key Functions for that button to the following:
    Short Press = IDLE
    Short Release = ONKEY
    Long Press = OFFKEY
    Long Release = IDLE

The way this will work is that the button on the wall switch by the door will enable/disable the PIR as normal, except that the group will be On for disabled and Off for enabled.

The Button on the wall switch by the bed when pressed will turn on the bedroom group and also the PIR enable/disable group, thus turning on the bedroom light and disabling the PIR. When you want to turn the light out from that switch simply press and hold the button on the switch by the bed. This will turn the light out and re-enable the PIR. If you want the PIR to remain disabled you can use the second button on the bedside switch to also disable the PIR after turning out the light.

FURTHER THOUGHTS RE: keeping the PIR disabled when you turn off the bedroom light from the bedside switch:
    *** NOTE: This will only work if you have a relay unit controlling the bedroom light. ***

If you assign the Short Release key function of the bedside button to RECALL1, set the RECALL1 value to 100% (blocks tab) and assign the Long Press key function of the bedside button to RECALL2, set the RECALL2 value to 1%. Then assign a turn-on threshold of 2% in your Relay Output Unit. In this way a Long Press command will still turn the light out (although the indicator will still be on).
    When the key is long-pressed the key unit will recall both the Bedroom Group and the PIR Enable/Disable group to 1%. This will turn off the Bedroom Group (below the threshold) yet the PIR will remain disabled as the PIR Enable/Disable group is at 1%.

EASY SOLUTION
    If you have a C-Touch/Neo/Sautrn/Reflection in the house somewhere or you are prepared to replace the 5032NL 2-button 2000 series with a Neo/Saturn/Reflection then this could be easily done by having the 2 buttons on the wallswitch by the bed each trigger a Scene. One Scene would turn both the Bedroom and the PIR Enable/Disable group on. The other Scene would turn the Bedroom group Off and turn the PIR Enable/Disable group On. 2 buttons would then allow you to turn the bedroom group On or Off and keep the PIR disabled at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2005
    Newman, Feb 2, 2005
  3. Steve Tester

znelbok

can you guys speak english. While I recognise some part numbers others I dont. Maybe a few generic names to help us out with helping you

Z

znelbok, Feb 2, 2005
  4. Steve Tester

Newman

Znelbok

I've edited my post just for you. :) :)

5032NL = 2-button 2000 series wall switch.
    5751L = Indoor corner mount motion sensor.
    5104D750 = 4-channel 3A C-Bus dimmer, old black-box style.

Newman, Feb 3, 2005
Ask a Question