5504GI - C-Gate "feature"

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by NickLocke, Nov 17, 2006.

1. NickLocke

NickLocke

I am using a negative offset on one of my 5504GI channels. When I look at the current value in toolkit (on the unit's GUI), it correctly displays positive and negative numbers as I would expect.

However, when I look at what comes back a C-Gate "GET 254/228" call, the data value is positive and around 65xxx for any negative values. I know why this is happening from a computational/arithmetical point of view (signed vs unsigned etc). The question is whether I have found a bugette, or whether it is a feature to be worked around!

Thanks,

Nick

NickLocke, Nov 17, 2006
  2. NickLocke

ashleigh Moderator

It sounds to me like a bug.

One for you Daniel... lets try for a Christmas present...

ashleigh, Nov 17, 2006
  3. NickLocke

Duncan

Do you get correct values if you use the Measurement Application Channel Object in C-Gate?

Duncan, Nov 17, 2006
  4. NickLocke

NickLocke

Having a thick moment today and struggling with the syntax for that!

I was doing get GET 254/228/4/2 which was giving me a response. From a quick look at the manual, I am confused! It seems to be saying that MEASUREMENT is used to send data to the network and there is a bit that says GET is used to get readings. Hints welcome!

I have C-Gate 2.5.23 (build 2123). Tried going to the CIS site to check that is the latest - but no response from that in my part of the UK at the moment!

NickLocke, Nov 17, 2006
  5. NickLocke

Duncan

The General Input Unit broadcasts changes to its inputs based upon its programming.. the Channel Object's properties reflects changes that have been broadcast on the network so you read its properties to see the last broadcast data.. the two properties are measurement-data and exponent.

Alternatively you can use the GET command but you need to request either STATE or DATA from the channel, DATA will return 4 numbers the integer portoin of the measurement, the exponent, the unit code for this type of measurement and the how many milliseconds have elapsed since that measurement was taken..

I havent got a General Input Unit at home to confirm all the syntax, but let me have a crack at it on Monday and I'll follow up here.

Duncan, Nov 17, 2006
Ask a Question