2 Network CGate License File

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Duncan, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan

Hi,

When Toolkit connects to C-Gate it allows C-Gate to work with an unlimited number of Networks. When you disconnect Toolkit you are limited to one Network.

We will shortly be expanding this to TWO Networks by shipping a new "C-Gate License File" next time we ship an updated version of Toolkit.

In the meantime if you place the attached file "cgate.lic" into your C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\ directory it will license you for Two Networks.

Attached Files:

Duncan, Jun 24, 2005
  2. Duncan

MichaelCarey

You ripper, I was just thinking about this and was going to post another "prod" message.....
    I'll give it a shot tonight....

MichaelCarey, Jun 24, 2005
  3. Duncan

dimmerguy

What happens when you are working with the PICED software live on a system with more than 1 or 2 networks? We currently have a project with 10 networks, to be controlled via a colour C-Touch, and would want to test and modify the program live, before installing in the C-Touch. If we need to keep Toolkit open at the same time, past experience has shown that this can cause problems.

dimmerguy, Jun 24, 2005
  4. Duncan

Duncan

We fix the problems in Toolkit, if they still exist.

Duncan, Jun 24, 2005
  5. Duncan

dimmerguy

One of the main problems that does exist is the addition or modifying of group addresses in one program that are not picked up by the other.

Another problem I had recently was when triggering a scene from PICED, only a part of the scene was actioned. The group addresses that were actioned could be seen changing when looking at the groups in Toolkit. The remainder of the groups in the scene were not transmitted until Toolkit was closed down, whereupon it worked fine.

Darren advises that only one application should be run at a time so where does this leave us?

dimmerguy, Jun 24, 2005
  6. Duncan

Duncan

Leave Toolkit running and do all your group address modifications etc in PICED whilst you're working in there.

It's not ideal, and we know the products aren't particularly well integrated at this point in time, but we're working towards bringing them more closely together.

Duncan, Jun 24, 2005
  7. Duncan

MichaelCarey

Just another quick question, why ARE there licencing restrictions with using C-Gate/2 with multiple networks? Is is just a money thing?
    I can see it causing more and more headaches as multiple wireless network installations become more common.

8. Duncan

Duncan

I cant answer that, its not a technical question.

Duncan, Jun 24, 2005
  9. Duncan

MichaelCarey

I thought so :)
    Friggin' bean counters... :D

Ask a Question