Zone controlled heating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jan, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Jan

Jan

Hallo everyone,
    I would appreciate some advice regarding about controlling a zoned hydronic heating system.
    Right now, my home is heated with a central heating system, controlled by a thermostat in the living room. This thermostat controls the water temperature in the system relative to the outside air temp. I want to install 4 zone valves controlled by cbus, so I can heat each zone independently. The set temperature would depend on whether the room is used and time of day. When not used, or during the night, a lower temperature would be required to save energy.
    The 4 zone thermostat is programmable, but will it be able to independently control each zone to either the high or low required temperature?
    Is just fitting each zone with a temp sensor and creating a scene sufficient?
    Anyone ablle to shed some light on this.
    Thanks

Jan, Nov 26, 2008
  2. Jan

ashleigh Moderator

You probably need to use 4 off of the basic thermostats.

The 4 zone thermostat allows a set point temperature to be set, and it allows 4 zones to be controlled by turning the control function on and off. It does not allow each of the zones to have a separate temperature set point.

ashleigh, Nov 27, 2008
  3. Jan

Jan

thanks for your reply.
    Placing a temp sensor in each zone combined with some programming, would that be an option?

Jan, Nov 27, 2008
Ask a Question