Zen eDLT

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Ashley W, May 21, 2015.

1. Ashley W

Ashley W

Clipsals Zen brochure has an eDLT switch, part number Z5045EDLW, but its not to be found in their catalogue. Anyone know when it is coming out?

Also wonder why they didn't make a 6 button c-bus zen. They have 6 button 240V and they have 6 button Saturn, seems odd to be missing it from this range.

Ashley W, May 21, 2015
  2. Ashley W

msniper

Interesting footnote in the Zen pdf... "*Note: products are made to order." :)

msniper, May 21, 2015
  3. Ashley W

Ashley W

The way I read that is it only applies to the black units. The white ones don't have the *.

Ashley W, May 21, 2015
  4. Ashley W

Roosta

From my understanding the CBUS Zen White range will be readily available, however the Black will be 'made to order'..

As for the ZEN eDLT well thats anyones guess..

Regards the 6 gang switch, i personally always upgrade a 5 or more gang switch to a DLT anyways, however due to the design of the ZEN range, if you weren't requiring the CBUS only curved switch buttons, then you could still utilise the 30Mech CBUS switch and the spacer and use a 240v ZEN grid to make up Arch 1/2 G, and 1/2/3/4/5/6 G switches as required..

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Roosta, May 21, 2015
  5. Ashley W

Ashley W

Good idea using 30 series mechs on these. Although I know these are new has anyone done this yet? In which case how does it look?

Ashley W, May 22, 2015
  6. Ashley W

Ashley W

Would recommend against this method for the Zen switches. I brought some 240V plates and 30 series C-bus mechs to test. Whilst the method does work, I found the LED was barely visible. Even in a dark room it was hard to tell when the LED was on. So not so good.

On standard glass (acrylic on 240v) Saturn switches the result is a lot more pleasing. So will be replacing the Zen plates with Saturn. Luckily the actual plate is the same, so just need to replace the covers.

Also received my ZEN EDLT's and they look really good. Though my wife prefers the look of the standard Saturn EDLT's. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2016
    Ashley W, Jan 12, 2016
Ask a Question