XML File

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ash, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Ash

Ash

Hi ,
    I bought the new 8ch dimmer and had to upgrade my toolkit software to 1.17.xx , unfortunately the new software doesn't have XML file any more which I need for the lighting control with Ness M1 alarm . Did anyone come across this problem ? Please advice .
    Many Thanks .
    Ash

Ash, Feb 23, 2024
  2. Ash

Dasman

Hi Ash,

Did you replace an existing 8 channel dimmer like for like with the new one? if this is the case, then I would assume that the Ness M1 does not need to know what kind of dimmer it is, but the group address which is associated to the dimmer itself.

Have a look under Documents/C-Bus Commission, there should be a good chance that if you upgraded your xml into the new format, that there should be a backup copy of your XML file there, sans the changes to the new dimmer.

Dasman, Feb 23, 2024
  3. Ash

Ash

Thanks Dasman ,
    It's a new setup and all the C-bus and M1 programs are done after the Toolkit upgrade because of the new dimmer.

Ash, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Ash

Ashley

Unlike Clipsal who were pedantic about backward compatability Schneider doesn't appear to care. This makes life a bit difficult.

You can get around this with a bit of effort as Cgate can export xml networks that the ElkRP can read with some simple manual editing.

First you will need a Telnet server to connect directly to Cgate via port 20023. I use Tera Term (it's free).
    Next open your project with the 3 lines
    PROJECT LOAD xxx
    PROJECT USE xxx
    PROJECT START
    where xxx is your project name

Then enter DBGETXML 254 (replace 254 with yout network number if it's different)
    This will print out a lot of xml code.
    You need to select and copy the bit from the start of the <Network> tag on the second line to the end of the </Network> tag right at the end, then paste it into your favourite editor.
    Then insert <Installation><Project> as the first line, and </Project></Installation> as the last line and save it.

You can now import this into ElkRP.

Ashley, Feb 24, 2024
    Ash and DarylMc like this.
Ask a Question