WriteSerial String Format - PICED & RS232

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Pink Panther, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Pink Panther

Pink Panther

Objective: To control a Marantz AV Receiver from a Colour C-Touch via RS232.

Problem: Tried several ways - direct as per below (i.e., @PWR:20D), converted to hex, converted to ASCII code number, but must be going wrong somewhere as can't seem to be able to enter the complete string in the correct format without generating a compile error.

For example, the Marantz code format for Power On is as follows:

Start Character: @
    Command: PWR:2
    End Character: 0Dh (Hexadecimal value for CR - Carriage Return)

Question: Can someone give me some clues as to the correct way to code in a string for serial control?

:confused:

PS After having spent a couple of years using the forum as an excellent training tool, this is the first time that I have posted a request for help, so hope I've posed the question in an appropriate manner.

Pink Panther, Jul 1, 2007
  2. Pink Panther

Matty

Hi Pink,

To send a CR following your command you could do it by sending it with the command or sending it afterwards. The easy way is to send it afterwards like this:

WriteSerial(1, #13);

To send it with the command just add it to the end of the string:

WriteSerial(1, '@PWR:2'#13);

For your post I give you 5 stars :)

Regards,

Matty

Matty, Jul 2, 2007
  3. Pink Panther

Pink Panther

Thanks

Thanks Matty

Cut 'n' pasted your example command and it compiled ok ... you've saved me a heap of time.

Cheers

Pink Panther

:)

Pink Panther, Jul 3, 2007
Ask a Question