Write system IO c-touch object

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by DiscoStu, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DiscoStu

DiscoStu

I'm not sure if this is possible or not. I have read through logic dox and piced dox and can't figure out how to do it - maybe because its not possible? Easiest to explain what I want to do: I have GIU that measures a water tank level and broadcasts in litres i.e 24,500. I am happily displaying this on my CTC and using several side by side sliders to represent the tank level % - looks cool. All good so far and works fine. What I want to do however is display the last 30 days history on the CTC. The routine to write the date and measurement to file is easy enough. And I can read the data back from the file easy enough. How do I get the historical data into a table on a page though. I can't figure out how to write a value to a text object. i.e what is the command? I do a lot of VB OOP and normally the text object/component has a property that can be written / or read using code....can piced pascal do something similar? Maybe there's another way? thanks if any one can help.

DiscoStu, Nov 23, 2007
  2. DiscoStu

NickD Moderator

If you just want to write a string to the screen from logic. Use a string type system IO variable, and create a component to monitor the status of this variable on the page.

You write to the string system IO using SetStringSystemIO();

Is this what you were after?

If you want to dump a lot of text on the screen on the CTC, I think you can also use the DrawText() function to write directly to the screen.

Nick

NickD, Nov 23, 2007
  3. DiscoStu

DiscoStu

write system IO

thanks Nick!
    thats two ways to do it. I guess given its 60 variables probably better to write a draw table function and drop the read file array into it. Much appreicate the pointer. cheers.

DiscoStu, Nov 23, 2007
Ask a Question