Works well

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dave Byron, Feb 15, 2005.

1. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

I have been using toolkit and the lastest ctouch in debug mode to desk check in new job (school) with 3 touch screens etc.
    I put toolkit online and start 3 copies of ctouch and put them all online, then i can see the status of all groups and run the ctouch screens scenes,buttons etc and check what turned on/off .
    Save me lots of time and now can work smarter.

It works like a charm - good job guys

dave

Dave Byron, Feb 15, 2005
  2. Dave Byron

Richo

That's great to hear Dave, the interopability between all the apps will continue to be enhanced.

Richo, Feb 15, 2005
  3. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Richo help needed

How do i stop toolkit timeing out when i go for a beer - it must be in cgate somewhere.
    When debugging would like to turn off timeout.

Second question - ctouch insists on closing "all networks" when you disconnet from cbus, this is a pain when i have 6 ctouch sesssions running together.
    Can i just close the active ctouch and leave the rest alone ??

Dave

Dave Byron, Feb 16, 2005
  4. Dave Byron

Darren Senior Member

Do you mean the C-Touch software or tool kit ? If you mean the C-Touch software, I am going to extend the time-out duration. You will not be able to switch it off.

C-Touch gets C-Gate to close all networks to free up any serial ports which you may want to use for downloading to C-Touch. I might make it optional.

Darren, Feb 16, 2005
  5. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

Timeouts

Darren
    Tookkit seems to timeout and close the network if idle for about 15 minutes - i need longer.

The ctouch closing of networks effects me when deck flying and i have say 3 ctouchs and tookkit online. If i then sutdown one ctouch session it closes ALL networks which stuff the other ctouch session and i have to go and reopen toolkit and all the ctouch sessions again.
    I want ctouch just to close the network connection for that ctouch session,
    ie. leave the toolkit and other 2 ctouchs alone.

dave

Dave Byron, Feb 16, 2005
  6. Dave Byron

Richo

Hi Dave,

Tookkit (or Toolkit as we like to call it sometimes) doesn't close networks unless you press the "Close Network" button. If not sure what is going on for you, but if you could try and narrow down the behaviour that would be great. We often leave Toolkit running for extended periods for testing and have never noticed this behavior.

Richo, Feb 16, 2005
  7. Dave Byron

coppo

ctouch or toolkit??

THe 15 mins lockout is interesting, Darren has told us before that current versions
    of C-touch software are designed to have a "lock-out" that closes cgate connections
    every 15 mintues.

from what i read before he has extended that now though..

coppo, Feb 16, 2005
  8. Dave Byron

Dave Byron

timeout

Richo
    It seems that when the ctouch times out it takes the toolkit ofline as well - darren says thats because he taking back all com ports.

remember none of the hardware exist on my test network all virtual stuff - runing toolkit and 3 session of ctouch program all online at same time in test mode without the hardware.

dave

Dave Byron, Feb 17, 2005
  9. Dave Byron

Richo

Hi Dave,

I have been speaking to Darren about this and we will come up with a less intrusive way to handle the timeout. Something that won't affect the other software as much.

Richo, Feb 17, 2005
Ask a Question