WiserHD - No Content

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by jboer, Apr 4, 2015.

1. jboer

jboer

Hey All,

Have tried searching this but have come up with nothing..

I managed to get my hands on a second hand very first gen Wiser which I have set up in my house. So fairly new to this whole wiser thing.

Anyway I have got it all going and ect and it works fine (albeit the app being a bit dodgy) with the standard 'Wiser' app. Both LAN and WAN, I presumed from reading on here that the Wiser HD app should just work the same and so installed it on my iPhone 6 and set it up. It connects and does the getting status thing and has the correct count of widgets, but then just displays the message: There is no content to display. Please reconfigure your Wiser project.

Firmware is 1.30

I am a bit stuck is there anyone who has experienced this as well?

Thanks!

J

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2015
    jboer, Apr 4, 2015
  2. jboer

Thomas

Hi J,

While I am no wizard with this, may I ask:

1. Do you get any usable results when you log onto Wiser via your LAN, using a PC?

2. You did set up the Wiser project and configured each widget, using the standard applications in C-Bus, right? They are not just empty widgets, if it is possible to have those at all?

3. From my experience WiserHD is the only app that works properly on the new i- products along with pre-2 Wisers, but have you tried the basic Wiser app?

4. I know of issues updating Wiser pre-2 with Piced 4.13, but that applies to remote updates only as far as I know. Haven't checked local though.

So, I'm trying to establish if you have a vaild and working project on your unit to start off with.

Hope this helps.

Thomas, Apr 7, 2015
  3. jboer

jboer

Hey Thomas:

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I am not sure my answers are going to help.

1. Yes, all flash based browser control work just as expected.

2 + 3. As far as I know the widgets are all done correctly, the standard iApp and the Android apps work as expected.

So I definitely have a working project in the Wiser.

jboer, Apr 7, 2015
  4. jboer

Thomas

Hi J,

O.k. I seem to have mis-read your initial post, as I understood that you could not see any content with the apps.

So your issue is Iphone 6 along with WiserHD, if I got it now.

Well, if so, I can tell you that I have a few clients with those phones, just one with the old black Wiser, and it all works fine.

I assume that your phone is on the latest OS?

Have you tried your old iphone with either Wiser app?

I would try and eliminate until you find the culprit.

Sorry I can't offer anything better.

Thomas, Apr 14, 2015
  5. jboer

jboer

Just in case anyone searches for this later:

I found my problem was that I had created a location, but had not assigned the widgets to the location. Once I had done that, they all then came up in HD.

It was interesting though that the flash and 'non-HD' interfaces just automatically displayed them under that location anyway.

jboer, Oct 13, 2015
Ask a Question