Wiser2 USB Zigbee Module finally Available!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by Drew, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Drew

Drew

The 'ever illusive' Zigbee Module that enables Wiser2/PICED to control Zigbee devices has never been available in Oz. Clipsal Integrated systems (CIS) acknowledge its existence, but have been unable to throw any light on it's availability - despite it's configuration software (Zoolkit) being available for download since Oct 2012! (As it turns out, Wiser2 was not a CIS developed product, rather it was designed in Singapore - so the Adelaide office know little about it.)

After discussions with Schneider Singapore I have been able to source this 'Wiser Home Control' module (Part No. WHC2_5921) through a company called Eco Eleclite Pte Ltd who are happy to ship to Australia. The contact details are:

Eco Eleclite Pte Ltd
    Edmond Tay - Solutions Manager
    Enquiry Sales <[email protected]>
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ECO-Eleclite-Pte-Ltd-434399176756885/?view_public_for=434399176756885

Hp: 9022 5553
    Office: 280 Woodlands Industrial Park E5 #07-33 S(757322)

I have now installed my module and I am pleased to report it installs and configures faultlessly.

Andrew Lean

Drew, Mar 8, 2017
  2. Drew

jaenschw

Great news! Thanks for the heads up!

jaenschw, Mar 10, 2017
  3. Drew

MHeaton

What can you do with this module? In particular can I get a third party smart meter reading into the Wiser 2?
    Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Mar 14, 2017
  4. Drew

NickD Moderator

Not sure where you got this info from but it's not correct.

Wiser2 was developed by the same, predominantly Adelaide based team, which is the same team that did the original Wiser. Some of the key members of that team however were based in Malaysia, with a lot of design support provided by our colleagues based in Shenzhen.

The ZigBee interface was designed in Adelaide, and the Zoolkit software was done in Adelaide. It's not sold in Australia because it was only intended for use with the Schneider Electric ZigBee offer in Asia.

Nick

NickD, Mar 15, 2017
  5. Drew

Drew

Wiser 2 Zigbee

Hi Nick, I got the information directly from the CIS Team in Adelaide toward the end of last year during a phone conversation with them about the Zig-bee product - directly from the source so to speak. Until that point in time, info about the Wiser Zigbee connectivity was most illusive. It was the CIS Adelaide team who kindly directed me to Schneider in Singapore.

Cheers, D

Drew, Mar 23, 2017
  6. Drew

Drew

Zigbee Cabability

To: MHeaton;

In response to exactely what it does/doesn't do - well that is to be found out. It is important to note that the Zigbee module in Wiser2 sadly does not act as a Zigbee coordinator - rather it is identified as a 'Node' on a Zigbee Network - I am yet to discover how another Zigbee coordinator such as Vera will use it. It does work with Schneider's Ulti Zigbee switch and dimmer offerings that are available in UK and Singapore. I would imagine something like zigbee on meter reading is a bit specialized. D

Drew, Mar 23, 2017
  7. Drew

Drew

Wiser2 Zigbbe

Just a quick update - I have just had further communication from NickD, who is part of the CIS Team in Adelaide, and he has stated that the Wiser2/Zookit hardware/software was developed in Australia. I am unsure why I had been advised differently by CIS in December '16, but to be clear, to me it doesn't matter who/where it was developed. I have asked Nick if CIS could update the this forum officially on its Zigbee product and its capabilities - both now and planned. We understand that whilst the Ulti range of wireless products are not marketed here by Schneider - it would be terrific if the Cbus could interact with AU available Zigbee products such the INSTEON? Hub and their range of products, the new Telstra HA Hub, and versatile not supplier specific Zigbee Coordinating controllers such as Vera. We live in Hope.

Drew, Mar 24, 2017
Ask a Question