wiser2 and 12 channel free relay

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 2 Controller' started by horm sim, Dec 2, 2016.

1. horm sim

horm sim

Dear all!

I have a wiser2, PCI and 12 channel free relay to control lighting local and remotely but i have the wire connection problem.
    Do i have to connect the wiser2 to 12 channel free relay directly or to the PCI?

Because c-bus interface on the wiser2 is a two-terminal connector.

[​IMG]

Thanks in advance and thank for reading.
    Please help me

horm sim, Dec 2, 2016
  2. horm sim

horm sim

12 channel free relay

Dear all

I have a wifi router, a PCI, a CNI, a wiser2, a eDLT and a 12 channel free relay in my project to control lighting and i have installed software on PC already. But I'm not sure with wire connection.

So do i have to connect 12 channel free relay to wifi router?

horm sim, Dec 2, 2016
  3. horm sim

DarylMc

Hi
    You have some nice equipment there so take the time to learn how to use it before you break it.

Google CBus basic training manuals and read them.

Once you understand that, download the installation instructions for all your components here.
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/product_groups/cbus
    Read them too.
    There is no other way for you to know how to properly install them.

CBus units use Cat5E cable and RJ45 connectors but never put a CBus cable into a network port or vice versa.
    As you will learn when you read the manuals CBus has about 30V and may well destroy your network equipment if you plug a CBus cable into it.

You are going to need to read all this and follow all instructions to start from the beginning learning how to use CBus.
    There is no other way you can expect your CBus system to work reliably.
    From what you have written it sounds highly likely you will damage equipment.

If you want help, post some detailed pictures of how you intend to connect everything before you go and do it.

On top of that you have to download and learn 2 software programs, CBus Toolkit and Piced.

It's going to take many hours of reading and learning to get your CBus and Wiser working.

DarylMc, Dec 3, 2016
Ask a Question