Wiser with Color touch screen and Door Entry System

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by m.sorokin, Aug 19, 2009.

1. m.sorokin

m.sorokin

Hello!

In advertising brochure Wiser, on pictures colour touch screens on which interface wiser are represented, it is the standard interface of the touch screen in style wiser or connection to wiser on tcp? Whether is what or new additions for colour touch screens for work with wiser?

Also in the brochure function of interaction from video is specified by the on-door speakerphone, transfer of digitized video or really integration with a voice transfer and possibility of opening of a door is meant simply?

m.sorokin, Aug 19, 2009
  2. m.sorokin

Darren Senior Member

There will be a way of displaying the Wiser user interface on a colour C-Touch. There have been a few problems with getting it to work as well as we would like, so it has not been released yet. At the moment, Colour C-Touch does not support Flash, so it isn't as simple as putting an HTML component on a page.

The intent is to gradually interface Wiser with a range of other products. I am not sure what, if anything, is planned for Video Intercoms.

Darren, Aug 20, 2009
  3. m.sorokin

kjayakumar

Good questions. Okay, here are my thoughts.
    1. Truth in advertising. The advertising brochure shows various things including a home on a beach with palm trees and what looks like a private cliff. I'm pretty sure Wiser doesn't include that home-morphing feature. Certainly does not appear to function properly here. :) But the touchscreen, media center, mobile phone functionality is quite real and is actively supported. Also, as has been alluded to, there are various on-going efforts to make the Wiser UI work more natively on various platforms including touchscreens, tablets and other mobile devices (cough iphone/itouch cough). The Media Center plugin and mobile phone applications are available here. http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/general_utilities . Enterprising integrators and customers can put the Wiser web UI application (which goes fullscreen) onto any web tablet that is able to run Adobe Flash 9 and above. I've seen and used it on several web tablets including recent Intel Atom based devices.

2. Video Intercom
    I didn't see any video intercom integration pictures in the brochures that I looked at. I also have not yet seen any video intercom products that currently incorporate Wiser functionality. That said, if there's a video intercom that can run Adobe Flash 9 or Flashlite 3.0 applications and has TCP/IP support, then it should not be too complex to incorporate Wiser into such a device. If you have candidate devices, I'd be interested in them and also the kind of use cases that you plan. Single dwelling or otherwise.

kjayakumar, Aug 20, 2009
Ask a Question