Wiser weirdness after toolkit connect

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by phcjpp, Apr 27, 2011.

1. phcjpp

phcjpp

Hi Guys,

Quick one.

After I have connected to the CNI via the wiser IP address for programming from the toolkit the PAC 'style' functions I programmed into the wiser seem to stop working. I can access everything on the WISER quite happily via its IP address so its not a system failure . I can also still turn lights on/off from the wiser web gui but when I press a DLT button that normally causes the WISER to kick off some logic it doesn't work. A reboot of the wiser fixes it.

Any ideas?

Cheers
    Chris

phcjpp, Apr 27, 2011
  2. phcjpp

kjayakumar

Hi Chris,

After coming out of transparent mode (ie: closing the connection between toolkit and Wiser), the Wiser does an internal restart of its C-Bus services. This includes restarting its time synchronization which Logic (PAC type functions) depends on. So Logic won't start until it gets time sync with C-Bus, if you are using ntp it also depends on how long it takes for it to achieve ntp synchronization. In my experience, it takes about 3-4 minutes before Logic kicks off after coming out of transparent mode. I have ntp turned on. I suspect this might be the explanation for what you are seeing as well.

kjayakumar, Apr 28, 2011
  3. phcjpp

phcjpp

Ah that might explain it. I also stuck a new firewall in that might even be blobking the NTP requests. Will check my setup later.

Cheers
    Chris

phcjpp, Apr 28, 2011
Ask a Question