Wiser Web within a frameset

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by chromus, Feb 23, 2015.

1. chromus

chromus

Hi Programing nerds.

I have a mate who wants to utilise a tablet front end with wiser.

He already has a reasonably well developed frame based frontend for doing various things which his wife both likes and understands.

That is the key, the wife likes and understands.

To this end I have built his wiser web interface for him which is easy enough, but I now want to embed it in the said frameset.

Not being a html guru myself, I can get the wiser to appear in the centre frame, but it has scroll bars rather than being scaled to the frame.

The PICED software says that the "screen size" for the project is only for testing purposes" and I dont really want to risk all my hard work uploading something with a forced screen size if there is a way by adding parameters to the url (for example) to set it to work more nicely within his wife sanctioned environment.

I have enclosed the frameset code below for reference. I know it's not html 5. So please lets ignore that for now.

chromus, Feb 23, 2015
  2. chromus

tsman

I doubt you can scale it by loading it into a frame like that. The Wiser web interface is actually a big Flash applet so it is preset for size of the UI elements. The HTML page just loads the main applet. You may need to copy the applet page and add the flash scaling parameter to it.

Does the tablet actually support Flash? If it doesn't and the tablet is iOS or Android then you'll need to use the Wiser app instead.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2015
    tsman, Feb 23, 2015
  3. chromus

chromus

Its a Surface Pro so full windows 8

chromus, Feb 23, 2015
  4. chromus

tsman

Ah right. In that case, I'd say your best bet is to download the container page (/clipsal/resources/wiserui.html) from the Wiser and see if you can modify a local copy of it with the appropriate paths changed.

tsman, Feb 25, 2015
Ask a Question