Wiser WAN problems

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by harro, Feb 27, 2015.

1. harro

harro

I've got some WAN connection problems with new (white) Wiser and a DLINK modem router (Viper DSL -2900 I think). I set up the Wiser / CNI on a Netcomm modem in the office with no probs using a Android phone to connect externally. However the DLINK has some challenges in that there are a number of apps using port forwarding inc 8080. Also the DLINK doesn't appear to have external to internal port translation i.e. ext. port 80 to int. port 8080. Has anyone had exposure to the DLINK and port forwarding? When I attempt to connect I just get "socket closed" messages.This is a bit of a grey area for me so any help would be appreciated.
    Cheers

harro, Feb 27, 2015
  2. harro

Roosta

Hi, i am using a DLINK DSL 2730B and have port forwarding including port teanslation setup working with a wiser, and other devices no problem..

Roosta, Feb 27, 2015
  3. harro

harro

Wiser WAN Ports

The DLINK Viper modem I am trying to set up does not have the rule settings the DSL 2730B has. The 2730B has external / internal port settings and the VIPER has only a single port setting. Maybe there is another away around this...any ideas.
    Harro

harro, Feb 28, 2015
  4. harro

poldim

I haven't followed D Link, but historically I've always been disappointed with their lackluster products. That's a nice looking router, very apple-ish looking. I don't think their top of the line router would not have port forwarding in it. Either browse around in the management pages or reach out to D Link. The review below says it can be done:

http://newscentral.exsees.com/item/892531dd20742e1c3cb25b836230c30c-b852690e403f838ab54f15d407efbe91

poldim, Mar 31, 2015
Ask a Question