Wiser vs Wiser HD App

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by steve310, May 10, 2014.

1. steve310

steve310

Feedback for Clipsal (and opportunity for others to wade in to agree / disagree.)

It would be nice if the Wiser HD mobile app (iOS in my case) had an option to present a similar appearance to the old Wiser app. I switched to Wiser HD a few weeks ago and it seems more reliable and a bit faster but the user interface is, in my opinion, a backwards step.

The two items I'm in particular I'm not happy with are;

* Standard dimmer widgets are difficult to use. There is a lag when operating them, so it takes several attempts to get to the desired setting. The old app had a clear 0 - 100% scale, you'd drag the slider let go and the desired level would be set. I have some RBG lights attached and was able to quickly mix colours using three sliders, for red, green and blue. This is pretty much unusable now.

* The user system IO output on the HD app is, like the above, compressed into a small icon. The old app displays a neat row per item. HD squeezes multiple IO entries onto a row which looks a mess when there are a several on the screen. Yes, more items can be displayed on the screen with HD, but it is at the detriment of readability.

* As a general point, I find the app too slow to start up to be of use for normal day to day use. By the time the app reloaded its configuration++ I could have got up and gone to the light switch. I only tend to use it to demo the system, play with RGB, or access temperature / weather readings.

(++ why not use a CRC on the config. to quickly determine that nothing has changed from last time)

I'm sure there will be differing views and preferences, which is precisely why an 'old' vs 'HD' appearance option ought to be exposed to the user.

There, I've got it off my chest now!

Steve

steve310, May 10, 2014
  2. steve310

daniel C-Busser Moderator

Excellent feedback thanks Steve, this is exactly the sort of thing we want to find out.

daniel, May 12, 2014
Ask a Question