Wiser via remote laptop

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by [email protected], Dec 5, 2010.

1. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

[email protected]

I have set the wiser up to work perfectly on the LAN & have after much hair pulling got it working over the WAN via iPhone App. I had not set up the PICED program correctly so not wiser's fault but my IP limits being exceeded!! :)
    However from the WAN I can go to the router no issues, but I cannot figure out how to get to Wiser. I have tried the IP ([name].dyndns-home.com;80) to no avail. But [name].dyndns-home.com:8080 works perfectly for the router.
    Need some help please. :confused:

[email protected], Dec 5, 2010
  2. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

tobex

One possible method is to change the WISER to port 9090. See if that helps and then "port forward" in router one from 9090 to 9090 with the WISER IP.

tobex, Dec 5, 2010
  3. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

[email protected]

Thank you I will try that this afternoon

[email protected], Dec 5, 2010
  4. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

[email protected]

Wiser

I seem to have the issue sorted, I had not set the echo1 correctly in the Linksys router. I tried the 9090 setting to no avail (not sure if I was doing it right in any case). When that failed I just started again to make sure I had the settings correct. Whn I set Echo1, away we went :):):)
    Thank you for your help, much appreciated

[email protected], Dec 6, 2010
  5. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

conor1

Same problem

Hi ,
    I am trying same, have set up echo 1 as 9090 in my router and my wiser
    Have then went to wiser iPhone app and loaded in my fixed ip address followed by :9090 which i have no luck in connecting to, when I leave out :9090 it connects to my router.I have previously tried :8080.
    Any thoughts most appreciated .
    Regards
    Conor

conor1, Dec 6, 2010
  6. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

tobex

In the WISER did you install the number 9090 and did you tell your router that 9090 goes to a specific IP ?

tobex, Dec 6, 2010
  7. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

NickD Moderator

The problem with diagnosing Wiser installation problems here on the forums is that there are several different ways that the Wiser can be set up (Options A/B/C in the Installation instructions), and the problem/solution can be different depending on which setup you're using.

You need to provide as much information about your setup as possible, particularly what configuration you're trying to get working.

Setting up a Wiser is not difficult, it just involves some concepts that are new to many people. Everyone has to start somewhere, so this is nothing to be ashamed of! You know what they say.. the only stupid question is the one you don't ask :)

I would suggest to anyone looking for help on Wiser setup here on the forums, that they need to provide *at least* the following information :

Installation Type (Option A/B/C/Other)
    Wiser IP address and port
    CNI IP address and port
    Commisioning PC IP address
    Other networking devices' IP address/subnet settings (for Options A/B)
    Settings in PICED project under Project Details/Wiser tab

Other information that might be helpful
    Make/model of other networking equipment
    ISP and internet service type

Nick

NickD, Dec 6, 2010
  8. ray.sherriff@cabra.com.au

conor1

Just Got it

hi folks just got it had not included ip address within port forwarding in router ,it is a netgear router you have to set up services first and then firewall rules second not very use freindly ,i am using option a with fixed ip .thanks

conor1, Dec 6, 2010
Ask a Question