Wiser to control Ripple without Matrix

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by nickrusanov, May 19, 2010.

1. nickrusanov

nickrusanov

Ripple is able to use local audio output of the computer, as I understand.

Is it possible to use Wiser (or CC-touch) to control Ripple software remotely, without Matrix Switch if I only need 1 zone control?

nickrusanov, May 19, 2010
  2. nickrusanov

Conformist

You can use the Media Director (supplied with PICED) to control C-Bus Ripple which works from a CTC but not from Wiser.... but.... If you know the ports and commands this uses, you can control with a TCP/IP socket connection. From what I've seen of your work Nick, this should be a walk in the park for you :)

Cheers

Conformist, May 19, 2010
  3. nickrusanov

jchapa

Ripple control without Matrix Switcher

Nick, where you able to find a solution to allow Ripple to control Ripple without the Matrix Switcher?
    I need to find the same solution for a project that is considering the lighting and audio control of 45 appartments and If I include the Matrix Swithcer I go way out of the budget.
    Regards

jchapa, Jun 2, 2010
  4. nickrusanov

Colin Smith

Greetings Gentlemen,
    I am currently using Media Director from CTC to control C-Bus Ripple - working well to date (1 Audio Zone). The client would also like to control the Ripple application from a PC is there a way to achieve this. Trying to connect says that port is already used. Trying to set another port requires a matrix switch & IP - which does not exist.

Colin Smith, Sep 16, 2010
  5. nickrusanov

Newman

By this statement I assume that you mean you have Ripple running on a PC and you want to remotely control Ripple from another PC?

Pretty sure Ripple only allows a single remote client to connect to it, so the CTC is using that interface.

Are Remote Desktop or VNC options you can consider?

Newman, Sep 16, 2010
  6. nickrusanov

Colin Smith

That?s what I thought - PC is Windows Home Server- Already has VNC for my access.
    Clients request this was more for the preteens to have access, so VNC not suitable.

Colin Smith, Sep 17, 2010
Ask a Question